As of Dec 4th, 2020 the Province of British Columbia is increasing rebates for the EV Charger Rebate Program and offering a new EV Ready program to help make charging more accessible for people living in Condos and Apartments.
Charger rebates increased for a limited time:
- Single Family Home: up to 50% of the purchase and installation costs of an eligible Level 2 EV charger, to a maximum of 700 (regularly $350).
- Standalone EV Charger (MURB): up to $4,000 per charger (regularly $2,000) to purchase and install Level 2 networked EV chargers at your building’s residential parking spaces, to a maximum of $14,000.
- Workplace: up to $4,000 per charger (regularly $2,000) to purchase and install eligible Level 2 networked EV chargers for employee use, to a maximum of $14,000.
- EV Ready Charger (MURB): up to $3,400 per charger (regularly $1,400) to purchase and install Level 2 networked EV chargers to implement your building’s EV Ready plan, to a maximum of $14,000.
NEW EV READY PROGRAM OFFER:
The EV Ready Program offer provides rebates for Multi-Unit Residential Buildings to implement EV Ready parking. What does EV Ready mean? In a MURB building, a parking space features a complete electrical circuit terminating in a junction box capable of providing level 2 EV charging. The chargers are installed in the future, as electric vehicles are adopted. The EV Ready Program provides a rebate for building owners & condominiums to develop an EV Ready Plan. The EV Ready Plan will provide MURBs with an approach to support widespread future access to EV charging for residents.
- EV Ready Plan Rebates: an EV Ready Plan provides a strategy to provide each residential unit in a MURB a least one parking space to be EV Ready. This document must be created by a licensed electrical contractor, or a registered professional electrical engineer and must address the following: electricity capacity assessment, determination of minimum charging performance requirements, charging options for parking spaces, compatible EV Energy Management Systems, EVSEs, electrical service upgrades, and cost estimates.
- EV Ready Electrical Infrastructure Rebates: the program also provides rebates for implementation of EV Ready parking in accordance with a customers EV Ready Plan.
- EV Ready Charging Station Rebates: the program also provides rebates for implementation of charging stations in accordance with a customers EV Ready Plan. While most residents in a building won’t yet have an EV, there are those who already own one or are planning to purchase one.
Summary of EV Ready Offer:
- Up to 75% of the costs to a maximum of $3,000 for an approved EV Ready Plan
- Up to 50% of the costs to a maximum of $600 per parking stall for the electrical work needed to make a parking stall EV Ready. The maximum electrical infrastructure rebate will be capped at $80,000 per MURB customer.
- Up to 50% of purchase and installation costs of eligible, new, Level 2 charging equipment, to a maximum of $14,000 (up to $3,400 per station).
- When combined, total max rebate for EV Ready Offer is $97,000